1. PLUGS INS – our outlets are different and our voltage is a lot lower!!!
Canadian plug & outlet:
Make sure to bring an adapter:
2. PHONES – if you are bringing your cell phone check with your provider to make sure you won’t be charged an arm and leg while using it over seas! A lot of providers have good add on packages for over sea mobile use!
3. TAX – Tax is not included in any pricing here in Canada and in every province the tax percent is different! SO you will have tax added on top of all purchases:
4. CARS – our cars are bigger and we drive on the left NOT the right side of a car! and we mostly drive Automatics
$1 coin is called a LOONIE
$2 coin is called a TOONIE
*** We also have no Pennies anymore!! all our money is now rounded! if your total is $10.38 you will pay $10.40 ***
6. EH? – supposedly we say “eh” and “aboot” ALOT ? although we don’t think we do!?
7. CASUAL – we are casual people! wear everything and anything that is comfortable! no need for heels and fancy clothes!
8. TIPPING – If you have ever eaten at a restaurant in Canada, then there is a chance that you will be tipping your server!. Tipping is NOT an expected service in Canada but it all depends on the service provided. Waitresses/waiters, Bartenders, Bellhops, and more all work for tips. So depending on the service is how well you tip!
9. FOOD – You have to try while here is:
and last but not least POUTINE (fries(chips) gravy and cheese curd)
32% of Canadians are Very Happy while 55% of Canadians are quite Happy!